A Guide to Accommodation, Activities, Restaurants & Businesses in Bela-Bela, South Africa
Tswana tribes were the first to encounter the therapeutic hot springs in the early 1800’s, and named it Bela-Bela, meaning ‘the water that boils on its own’. Today the town, only an hour’s drive from Gauteng, boasts an extensive spa and holiday resort.
Bela-Bela’s hot springs are located on the grounds of the Forever Resorts Warmbaths, the host venue of the 5150 Bela-Bela Triathlon.
The climate in Bela-Bela is mild during the winter months in South Africa with an average of 286 sunny days every year which adds to the popularity of this destination.
Accommodation in Bela-Bela
A range of accommodation is available in Bela-Bela ranging from guest houses and Bed and Breakfast's to hotels and self-catering units. Please see our accommodation directory for more information.
Activities in Bela-Bela
Bela-Bela offers fun activities for the whole family and is perfect for the weekend getaway. Golfing and adventure sports centres have also been established here for the adventure enthusiast.
- British Blockhouse - Built during the Second Freedom War to protect a railway line
- Buyskop - A rock formation used as the halfway yardstick during old postal routes between Tswane and Polokwane
- Carousel Entertainment World - Casinos, entertainment halls, cinemas, and restaurants
- Forever Resorts Warmbaths - The main attraction to the town
- Grave of Christina Pretorius
- Thaba Kwena Crocodile Farm - The largest communal crocodile farm in South Africa
- Warmbaths Dam - Water skiing and rowing
- Waterfront - Restaurants, arts and crafts, antique shops and more
- Adventures With Elephants
- Zebula Golf Estate & Spa
Restaurants in Bela-Bela
There are many restaurants on offer to suit every visitors budget. There is a great selection of restaurants, coffee shops and pubs to choose from!
Bela-Bela has a thriving business community and provides a wide range of goods and services to its residents as well as surrounding communities. See our business directory for a list of businesses in Bela-Bela or add your own free business listing.
|Bela-Bela Tourism Office Information|
|Telephone:||+27(0)15 293 3600|
|Fax:||+27(0)15 293 3655|
Latest Listings - View All
Latest Articles - View All
|Start:||20 August, 2016|
|End:||20 August, 2016|
|Location:||Warmbaths, a Forever Resort, Bela Bela, South Africa|